The success of a Police Department in the performance of its duties is largely measured by the degree of support and cooperation it receives from the people of the community which it serves. It is of paramount important that we secure the confidence, respect, and approbation of the public. The cultivation of such desirable attitudes is dependent upon proper performance of duty by all the members and employees of the department. Professionalization of police is gaining general recognition, but it can win universal acclaim and permanent status only if the actions of the police are reflected in intelligent, sincere, efficient and courteous service. The Police profession must embody the highest attributes of every other profession; neither private profit, nor personal reward, but service to the community is the hallmark of the professional police officer. The price tag for professionalism is accountability.
To deliver quality Police Service that meets our community’s expectations, we:
1. Do our job with skill and judgment, to keep people safe, and to keep ourselves safe.
2. Are part of our community, and determine our proper activities from those we serve.
3. Adapt our efforts to changing conditions, and try to anticipate rather than react.
4. When possible, we solve the problem, rather than just handle the call.
5. Are committed to doing the best we can, and will work to continually improve.
6. Each have specialized and technical skills, duties, and responsibilities, but we all have one job: To Help People.
BODY WORN CAMERAS
It is the policy of the Bound Brook Police Department to utilize BWCs and MVRs to assist agency personnel in the performance of their duties by providing an accurate and unbiased recorded account of an incident.
For full policy and details, click here.